NetComm Wireless NTC-3000 Series
3G Serial Modem
- Small-sized, rugged industrial-grade 3G modem for wireless data communication
- Provides reliable RS232 serial data connectivity for various M2M applications
- Supports standard AT command set
- Supports various networks and service types UMTS/HSPA & GSM/GPRS/EDGE & CDMA (depending on model)
- Wide input voltage range 5-36V DC suitable for diverse environments
- RS232 serial data connection and power input via RJ45 port
- USB 2.0 port for communicating (e.g. Dial-up networking from Windows PC)
- DIN rail and wall mount option with removable mounting bracket
- SIM card reader with locking tray
- Wide operating temperature range -40 to 85°C
- Supports Open AT and AirVantage
- Includes custom NetComm Wireless OpenAT application capable of:
- - transparently transferring serial port traffic over the Internet via TCP or UDP using the built-in Packet Assembler and Disassembler (PAD) functionality
- - configuring a periodic reboot to ensure the modem is always accessible
- - connecting to a DynDNS account to update the NTC-3000’s IP address when not using a static IP address
- - advanced diagnostics and control via SMS including the ability to query status information and settings, execute commands and configure settings
The NTC-3000 Series is a reliable solution for cost effective deployment in any data telemetry environment. Designed for reliable performance and universal installation it provides 3G data connectivity for M2M applications enabling remote monitoring, control, management and reporting of industrial and commercial equipment.
The small and rugged form factor is ideal for applications such as metering, rail, road signs, security, transport and vending machines. It can also be used in SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) scenarios to monitor, control or collect data from remote devices such as farm machinery, water monitoring devices and wind farms.
A serial connection on one end and a 3G connection on the other allows the devices to simply take the serial data and send it over 3G.
The lockable SIM tray along with the rugged nature of the device means you can be assured that your device is working reliably, regardless of the physical location.
The small but rugged 3G Serial Modem provides cost-effective 3G connectivity for M2M applications in areas such as smart metering, security, farming, manufacturing and transport. Ideal for SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) use, the modem lets you remotely monitor, collect and control equipment data from any location on virtually any device. Designed for reliable performance and universal installation, the 3G Serial Modem comes equipped with a lockable SIM tray and operates in extreme -40 to 85°C temperatures with a wide input voltage range to support diverse environments and applications. Remote reach
The embedded data module supports remote deployments with a high-speed 3G Internet connection. Vending machines, traffic signs, farm machinery, water monitoring devices and other industrial and commercial equipment can be remotely managed from any computer over 3G networks. The multi-mode data module also lets you select the most appropriate network and service type for your needs Serial power
Connected devices can send data over the 3G network to any IP network enabled device using RS-232 Serial data connectivity and power input via the RJ-45 port. A serial connection on one end and a 3G connection on the other offers reliable data connectivity for a range of M2M applications. Small and mountable.
The compact 3G Serial Modem includes a DIN rail, wall mount options and a removable mounting bracket for easy installation in demanding settings.
UMTS/3G bands - Dual Mode
- WCDMA 850/1900 MHz (NTC-3000-01
- WCDMA 900 / 2100 MHz (NTC-3000-02)
- WCDMA 850 / 2100 MHz (NTC-3000-03)
- EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA - Dual Mode
- CDMA 850 / 1900 MHz (NTC-3000-04)
||WCDMA 850/1900 MHz
||WCDMA 900/2100 MHz
||WCDMA 850/2100 MHz
- 1 x RJ-45 port (incl. DB-9 adapter) for serial RS-232 data connections
- 1 x Mini USB 2.0 port for serial connections (Windows driver available)
SIM Card Reader
- Locking Tray, supports standard USIM
- 5 ~ 36 VDC, via RJ-45 port or via USB port
Dimension / Weight
- 74 x 57 x 24 mm
- 84g (w/o mounting bracket)
- FCC, IC, PTCRB (NTC-3000-01)
- A-Tick, CE (NTC-3000-02)
- A-Tick, CE (NTC-3000-03)
- FCC (NTC-3000-04)
Standard Package Contents
- 1 x NTC-3000 3G Serial Modem
- 1 x printed QSG
- Mounting bracket
- RJ-45 to DB9 Cable for serial RS232 connectivity and DC power input
- Penta band 1dBi antenna with SMA connection and isolation rubber boot.
- AC/DC Power Adapter, 2.1mm centre positive jack, 100~240VAC: 12VDC/1.5A
Specifications are subject to change without notice
PDF NetComm Wireless NTC-3000 Series (547.1 kB)